Tuesday, July 1, 2014

One Park Too Far

Monday, June something!

Woke up to the bite of the mountain cold. I love sleeping cold, but remembered waking up off and on to pull the covers tight around me! Joe actually turned the heater on and sat by the warm air to drink his coffee. 

Had to get going early thru the mountains for more animal sightings and to make it to Denver around the time we'd promised Aunt Nette.

Grand Lake was near the entrance of The Rocky Mountain Park, so we used our magic pass (the senior pass we got in Glacier) and entered the park. So sorry there is no sign depicting this as Joe zoomed past and I thought, "just another park" ( thus the blog title).  
It's too bad that I'd had about enough of parks and animal sightings as this park was awesome!
Snow, fields of wildflowers, lakes and waterfalls...
It had them all and more! 
The tundra, where we were so high up, the wind was biting and freezing!
We even saw elk and more elk with big racks!!!
But it got so that Joe would pull over and say, "there are two bull elks, want to see them?" And I replied, "Nah, I'm good!" I think that was Joe's first clue that I had had enough of nature and the wilderness! 

I was just done with parks and wildlife and fresh air and couldn't wait to get off the curvy mountain roads and in to civilization!

Ok, finally heading to Denver and family! Made it about 2:00 pm after hitting a little road construction. But seeing my aunt and cousins at the end of this trip was just what we needed. I think Joe and I enjoyed the company of others this evening!
Johnny and Aunt Nette at Ro's place. Great view!
Little cousin Archer!

Sorry for the horrible quality. Everyone groaned when I started with the pics.

Oh, and thanks, Ro, for a great dinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment